Monday, October 24, 2011

Scorsese, by Wu: My Favorite Directors

If I were asked my favorite director of all time, I would quickly respond with Martin Scorsese. 3 of his films (Raging Bull, Goodfellas, and Taxi Driver,) are in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. An additional title (The Departed) is in my top 20. I haven't seen any Bergman, but there's a few titles on my IMDb watchlist, which you can read here.

I find Scorsese a great director because he makes movies about the bad guys. If ya don't know what I'm talking about, think of Jake LaMotta, Travis Bickle, Henry Hill, and Tommy DeVito. Those are bad people, and 3 of them are real. But Scorsese puts heart in these characters, and makes want to watch them commit and be punished.

If I had to pick a 2nd, I might pick Allen(Woody) or Spielberg. I have yet to see much Coppola, and I am yearning to see The Godfather, Part II, Part III, and Apocalypse Now. The only Coppola I saw was The Outsiders, and I HATE that movie. So, Coppola, please redeem yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment