Sunday, October 23, 2011

My 84th Oscar Predictions: Might be nominated, but it's what I want to see.

If you read my awkward 9-Month review, I stated my passion for The Tree of Life, The Artist, and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Every Monday, I read indieWire for their awards column, which you can read here. Finally, I decided to make my own predictions. These probably aren't statistically correct, but this is what I want to see be nominated.

BEST PICTURE:
1. The Artist
2. The Descendants
3. War Horse
4. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
5. The Tree of Life
6. J. Edgar
7. Moneyball
8. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

BEST DIRECTOR:
1. Alexander Payne (The Descendants)
2. Terrence Malick (The Tree of Life)
3. Steven Spielberg (War Horse)
4. Michel Hazanvicuis (The Artist)
5. Stephen Daldry (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

BEST ACTOR:
1. George Clooney (The Descendants)
2. Jean Dujardin (The Artist)
3. Leonardo DiCaprio (J. Edgar)
4. Brad Pitt (Moneyball)
5. Gary Oldman (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy)

BEST ACTRESS:
1. Viola Davis (The Help)
2. Michelle Williams (My Week with Marilyn)
3. Charlize Theron (Young Adult)
4. Kirsten Dunst (Melancholia)
5. Tilda Swinton (We Need to Talk About Kevin)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
1. Christopher Plummer (Beginners)
2. Brad Pitt (The Tree of Life)
3. Albert Brooks (Drive)
4. Jonah Hill (Moneyball)
5. Alan Rickman (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
1. Octavia Spencer (The Help)
2. Jessica Chastain (The Tree of Life)
3. Berenice Bejo (The Artist)
4. Shailene Woodley (The Descendants)
5. Sandra Bullock (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY:
1. Midnight in Paris
2. The Artist
3. The Tree of Life
4. Young Adult
5. J. Edgar

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY:
1. The Descendants
2. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
3. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
4. Moneyball
5. War Horse



No comments:

Post a Comment